Tokyo (January 20, 2015) – Konica Minolta, Inc. (Konica Minolta) today announced that it has developed the FD-9, an auto-scanning spectrophotometer capable of measuring a standard color chart, commonly used in the printing industry for profile creation, at the fastest speed in the world*1. This model will be launched worldwide in the summer of 2015, with repair and calibration services conveniently available at Konica Minolta’s five business centers located around the world.
- Capability of measuring a color chart for profile creation at the fastest speed in the world*1 (in about 4 minutes*2)
- The automatic color measuring capability of the FD-9 can significantly reduce the time required for scanning, reduce operator errors and achieve improved accuracy in color measurement.
- User friendly LCD display
- The LCD display mounted on the main body allows users to setup, operate and monitor the instrument with ease.
- Network connectivity
- The FD-9 can be used in a network environment to serve multiple printers from all major manufacturers.
Konica Minolta is a leading company in the global printing industry with strong presence in the light production printing, providing the high-quality and high-productivity bizhub PRESS digital printing systems and other high-performance equipment. The FD series of spectrophotometers forms part of the total solutions and efficient workflows offered to the customers in the printing industry.
The new model FD-9, incorporating Konica Minolta’s state-of-the-art optical measurement and image processing technologies, brings greater ease, accuracy and efficiency to the color management process in the printing industry. The company’s global service network helps customers reduce the time and cost required to maintain the accuracy, traceability and working life of their equipment. Konica Minolta provides equipment repair, calibration and after-sale support services at five key business centers (Japan, North America, Europe, China and Asia/Pacific) to customers in 150 countries.
Living up to the brand proposition “Giving Shape to Ideas,” Konica Minolta remains committed to maximizing customer satisfaction and enhancing its group-wide corporate value by offering high value-added products and solutions that are precisely tailored to customer needs.
*1: Among auto-scanning colorimeters using the spot measurement method as of January 13, 2015
*2: Time taken to scan an A3-sized chart with 47 columns and 32 rows of 6 x 6 mm patches